Installing osCommerce on your home computer
This tutorial and download package will enable you to set up osCommerce on your own home computer (i.e. on localhost). You might be thinking "why on earth would I want to do that" - well, how about if I said that you can test out contributions before uploading them to your "live store" - or how about making a new osCommerce shop design easily and quickly, without affecting any portion of your existing "live site" - the possibilities are endless.
This package is compatible with osCommerce versions through osCommerce 2.2 RC2a. It is not compatible with 3.0.
Updated July 2011
Tutorial now includes the new 2.3.1 osCommerce as well as the older 2.2 osCommerce (and 2.2 with STS).
Package now supports CURL (good for testing outside modules such as UPS and Fedex).
How easy to Install and use?
Just watch this video and you will see it takes absolutely no effort to get this package up and running! You don't even have to install osCommerce - it's already done for you!
What will you learn?
This "osCommerce on localhost" tutorial teaches the following:
- HOW TO TURN THE 'LOCALHOST' ON
- Potential Error Messages
- HOW TO MAKE CHANGES TO A PAGE ON 'LOCALHOST'
- HOW TO MAKE A COPY OF 'LOCALHOST' ON YOUR WEBSITE HOSTING ACCOUNT
- Set up a 'live' database ready for use
- Make a dump of your 'localhost' database
- Transfer the osCommerce files
- Run the install!
- HOW TO TURN “LOCALHOST” OFF
Part 2 of the Tutorial shows
- HOW TO MAKE A COPY OF YOUR LIVE STORE ON 'LOCALHOST'
- How to make a backup of your LIVE database (db)
- How to use PHPMyAdmin to create a 'localhost' db using your 'LIVE' db settings
- How to recreate a LIVE store on 'localhost'
- How to create config files that work
- REFLECTING CHANGES ON 'LOCALHOST' TO LIVE
You also receive bonus files consisting of:
- Pre-installed PHP
- Pre-installed MySQL
- Pre-installed PHPMyAdmin
- Pre-installed osCommerce
- Pre-installed osCommerce with STS
This bonus package should enable you to have osCommerce working on localhost within a few minutes and as easy as 123.
This eBook and package is for Windows users only - sorry.
No longer available, sorry.